Sunday, April 22, 2012

When Life Hands you a Lemon...

I started reading about the benefits of drinking lemon water - more specifically hot water and lemon. It's pretty amazing the positives this can have on your body. Besides the fact that lemons have vitamin C, B1, B2, B6 and Riboflavin they have calcium too. (Great for folks like me who aren't crazy about milk!)
Drink hot lemon water twice a day for great health benefits! 6 oz. of water to a 1/2 lemon if you weigh under 150 lbs. or a whole lemon if you are 150 lbs. or above.

Benefits can include aiding in digestion (which is a positive for me and my reflux), weight loss, overcoming nausea and morning sickness, more energy and clear skin.

Within some of the reading I've seen that you should drink this first thing in the morning, before you eat or drink anything else. I tried it two days in a row and will keep at it to see if I find any personal benefits. What do I have to lose? If nothing else I'll increase my vitamin intake and stay hydrated.

Check out the links I've included to read more!
Lemon juice and hot water at Livestrong
The Benefits of Lemon Water

Let me know if you try this and any benefits you may find!

Remember, if you run, you are a runner!
~Rachel

2 comments:

  1. Not a HUGE lemon fan, but I'm gonna give it a whirl! I know, I've used lemon juice on my skin before, and it has cleared up! Humm...you reminded me of that. Back to using it again! Enjoying your blog... keep it up! Allie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allie I have also read that lime can have the same benefits, maybe you should try that since you aren't a lemon fan?

    ReplyDelete